I have seen the oppression of my people in Egypt and have heard their cry so I have come down to deliver them out of slavery and bring them to a good land, a land flowing with milk and honey. And so unto Pharaoh I shall send you - God to Moses
God is the creator of the entire Universe and he is known for making man in his own image. Thousands of years after humans rejected God he chose one family to represent him throughout the entire Earth, these people were known as the Hebrews. The Egyptians enslaved the Hebrews. This upset God and he spoke to Moses through a burning bush and told him to tell Pharaoh to set his people free. After Rameses refuses to let the Hebrews go, God sends plague after plague to make Pharaoh let his people go. He even parted the Red Sea so that the Hebrews could escape from Pharaoh.
He is mainly voiced by the actor who voices Moses, but his lines are whispered by the rest of the cast.
He is all-loving and he wants everyone in the world to be happy and nice. He is all-knowing and is the only one who knows his origins. He is all-powerful which is shown in the movie when he sends plagues down on Egypt. He is very forgiving and a very mysterious being.
Christian and Jewish names for God : I am, Elohim, Ehyeh, Eli, Adonai, Yaweh/YHWH, Jehovah Nissi, Jehovah Raah, Jehovah Rapha, Jehovah Shammah, Jehovah Tsidkenu, Jehovah Mekoddishkem, Jehovah Jirah, Jehovah Shalom, Jehovah Sabaoth, El Olam, Yehovah and Qanna
Muslim name for God: Allah
Christian Names (not including Jewish ones): Immanuel and Jesus/Yeshua
- Originally every cast member was going to voice God, but it made him seem like a pantheon of gods. The second idea was to have a woman and her daughter voice God, but it made God seem to female. The final idea was that the same actor who voices Moses would voice God while the rest of the cast whisper his lines.
- He is present in every scene in the movie, but you cannot see him.
- The burning bush is not God himself. The fire is the angel Mal'ak Elohim but the voice that was heard was God. God often used Mal'ak Elohim in the Old Testament to interact with humans.
- In the Christian religion, he is identified by 3 personalities Father, Spirit, Son. The Son died for the sins of humanity on a cross and rose from the dead 3 days later.
- The burning bush was designed to look like water instead of fire.
- He has thousands of legions of Angels that dwell with him in Heaven. The souls of those who follow God go to Heaven as well. Moses in one of these souls in Heaven